Sailor Manyo Complete Set – Series 1
"Manyosyu" –Collection of Ten Thousand Leaves – is the oldest (c. 759) and the most revered anthology of Japan's poetic compilations. Over a period of four centuries, 4,516 poems were written by every class of person ranging from Emperors to merchants and farmers. "Manyo" is an abbreviation of "Manyosyu" and its meaning indicates people of all ranks.
"Manyosyu" is often regarded in Japan as a true expression of the Japanese spirit. The themes of the poems relate to love, elegies, celebrations, family matters, travelling, the passage of the four seasons, nature, and so on. Flowers are especially relevant in Japanese culture and about 1,500 of the poems in "Manyosyu" cover some 160 species of plants and 50 different flowers.
Sailor has chosen colours based on flowers mentioned in "Manyosyu" for their new "Manyo" ink range – an overseas exclusive.
The ultimate set containing all eight colours:
Sailor Manyo Akebi, a bright magenta ink
- Sailor Manyo Haha, a light dusty blue ink
- Sailor Manyo Kikyou, a dark teal ink
- Sailor Manyo Kuzu, a bright purplish-red ink
- Sailor Manyo Nekoyanagi, a dusty medium purple ink
- Sailor Manyo Sumire, a bright sky blue ink
- Sailor Manyo Yamabuki, a bright yellow ink
- Sailor Manyo Yomogi, a medium teal ink